Crystal Boudreaux
"She shops around for the best yarns and cottons, and enjoys knitting and sewing."
- Proverbs 31:13 (The Message)

::Previous Entries::

-- Tink's Row
-- And here is Abby's, Mother's Day "card" for you :D
-- For my Moma
-- My New Baby!!
-- Katie Faith's Dedication
-- Ellen's Row Ready to Mail
-- *My* Row Robin
-- Ellen's Sneak Peek
-- 2nd April Robin Finished
-- First of the April Robins Done


::Archives::

--January 2006
--February 2006
--March 2006
--April 2006
--May 2006
--June 2006
--July 2006
--August 2006
--September 2006
--October 2006
--December 2006
--January 2007
--February 2007
--April 2007
--August 2007
--September 2007


::Favorite Links::

-- Hope Wilbanks
-- Quiltville
-- Designing Hope


Placemat Purses

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I have been reading about making purses out of purchased placemats, and of course, I couldn't resist trying it. Here is my first effort. The placemat and handles came from Wal-Mart. I got the palm tree at Thread Artist , and added my monogram in bamboo font in VIP Customizing software.

And this is the side view (just had to show the buttons!)

And here is the next one to be sewn. The dragonfly came with my machine, and I added the C. Don't you just love the sequins??!! The handles are gonna be clear.
 

posted by Crystal Boudreaux @ 9:13 AM
 

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Comments:
Beautiful purses!! I love the dark colored buttons with the palm tree. What a neat idea!!
 
Very Cute!!!! neat idea. I like the beige one. Of course the mint green one will be nice once completed.
 
Post a Comment
Copyright 2006 Crystal Boudreaux. All Rights Reserved. Website by DesigningHope.com.