Crystal Boudreaux
"She shops around for the best yarns and cottons, and enjoys knitting and sewing."
- Proverbs 31:13 (The Message)

::Previous Entries::

-- He's Gone Again and Sick Kids
-- Baskets & Shoe Boxes....
-- Purple Lover
-- Blue Christmas
-- My First Love
-- Hankie Quilt
-- I'm Back
-- My First Quilt...Yummy!
-- Fresh off the machine....
-- Hello Blogging World!!


::Archives::

--January 2006
--February 2006
--March 2006
--April 2006
--May 2006
--June 2006
--July 2006
--August 2006
--September 2006
--October 2006
--December 2006
--January 2007
--February 2007
--April 2007
--August 2007
--September 2007


::Favorite Links::

-- Hope Wilbanks
-- Quiltville
-- Designing Hope


Indecision

Monday, February 06, 2006



I joined a purple 10" square swap sometime ago (my first swap ever) and these squares have been curing. I pulled them out last week and started making geese with black. I wanted to set them like the first picture but if I do, I won't have enough geese to make the top big enough, and will have to wait until I collect more purples. My second idea was to set them in some sort of pinwheel. Or maybe like the first setting but with black setting triangles between the strips of geese? I don't know. I was gung ho to get this done this morning and now I'm stuck! I need some ideas, please!!

side note: the geese measure 3 1/2 x 6 1/2
 

posted by Crystal Boudreaux @ 10:02 AM
 

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Comments:
Well, I always think you should go with your first choice. I do like the Flying Geese. How about making it a Strippy Flying Geese quilt - you could alternate a row of geese with a solid row of black - that might make it big enough and you could still use the geese, without having to wait to collect more purples! As an added bonus, the solid black would provide a wonderful spot for special quilting too.

Good luck.

Cheers!

Evelyn
 
I think the best place to get quilting ideas is at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. I think since you have someone you know that lives nearby you should make the trip and check out all the quilts that will be there this year. ;) Hint Hint.
 
Post a Comment
Copyright 2006 Crystal Boudreaux. All Rights Reserved. Website by DesigningHope.com.