Crystal Boudreaux
"She shops around for the best yarns and cottons, and enjoys knitting and sewing."
- Proverbs 31:13 (The Message)

::Previous Entries::

-- Indecision
-- He's Gone Again and Sick Kids
-- Baskets & Shoe Boxes....
-- Purple Lover
-- Blue Christmas
-- My First Love
-- Hankie Quilt
-- I'm Back
-- My First Quilt...Yummy!
-- Fresh off the machine....


::Archives::

--January 2006
--February 2006
--March 2006
--April 2006
--May 2006
--June 2006
--July 2006
--August 2006
--September 2006
--October 2006
--December 2006
--January 2007
--February 2007
--April 2007
--August 2007
--September 2007


::Favorite Links::

-- Hope Wilbanks
-- Quiltville
-- Designing Hope


Scrappy Pineapples for Row Robin Swap

Saturday, February 11, 2006


Well I gave up on the purple flying geese and have been working on the my first row for the row robin swap on StashBuilders. These little scrappy pineapple boogers took me an hour apiece. There are 33 different fabrics in each pineapple (shew!!). This is the first time I have ever tried paper piecing. I like it but not as much as regular piecing. I get bored with things that are monotonous. I like to be able to concentrate on a project or I lose interest in it. It took me all week to do 16 blocks. The blocks measure 6".
 

posted by Crystal Boudreaux @ 6:06 PM
 

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Comments:
The blocks look very nice. Paper piecing can be very tedious. Sometimes I wonder why I put myself through it.
 
Oh, I don't know - sometimes I like paperpiecing - a mindless activity when I am feeling brain dead! I have a secret though - I make my DH pick out the papers!

Your blocks look GREAT! There are so many different bits of fabrics - I really like the lime green!

Thanks for the link to StashBuilders - I will have to check that out.

Cheers!

Evelyn
 
Well, I don't have a clue what paper piecing is, but this is PRETTY! Nice job! :) (I'm still waiting for you to tell me when you're going to make ME a quilt.) :D
 
Crystal Boudreaux, I am not sure where to get the pattern, my friend gave it to me. The pattern is called Quilter's Tote, Creations by Ardis, her e-mail address is alweir@aol.com. Hope this helps.
 
Post a Comment
Copyright 2006 Crystal Boudreaux. All Rights Reserved. Website by DesigningHope.com.