Crystal Boudreaux
"She shops around for the best yarns and cottons, and enjoys knitting and sewing."
- Proverbs 31:13 (The Message)

::Previous Entries::

-- Green Sock KAL
-- Nate's Quilt
-- More 2006 in Review
-- First FO of 2007-Pomatomus
-- Last FO of 2006
-- Celebrate Jesus
-- Today is My Birthday
-- The Sweet-est Auction
-- Things I Love and a New Hobby *ahem, obsession*
-- Project for the Week


::Archives::

--January 2006
--February 2006
--March 2006
--April 2006
--May 2006
--June 2006
--July 2006
--August 2006
--September 2006
--October 2006
--December 2006
--January 2007
--February 2007
--April 2007
--August 2007
--September 2007


::Favorite Links::

-- Hope Wilbanks
-- Quiltville
-- Designing Hope


Easter '04 Disaster

Saturday, January 20, 2007

February and March '04 were consumed with making my children's Easter outfits. Abby was 6, Luke was 3, and Nate was 2. I was determined that they would have matching outfits if it was the last thing I did. I finished all three outfits on Easter morning, 30 min. before church. They were so sweet!! (I'll have to dig out the picture of them later). Luke had blue/white seersucker knee pants, a white shirt with blue/white trim, white knee socks and white saddle shoes. Nate had a blue/white seersucker shortall that was smocked with Peter Rabbit, white knee socks and white saddle shoes. Abby had this dress......The underlayer is periwinkle lawn and the overlayer is leno windowpane check. The neck and sleeves have tatting and it buttons on the front shoulder with mother of pearl buttons. This dress cost about $80 not counting the time investment.
Ok, so the outfits are done and worn for Easter services and egg hunting. I decided that the next weekend I would go and get professional pictures made (they were just so cute!!). Tuesday morning, I am at work and get a phone call. My babysitter/sil is crying and says that Luke has cut the dress. Well I'm thinking it can't be that bad but when I get home I saw this:5 gashes in the right sleeve!! I have been so upset about this for 3 years that I cannot fix it. This dress was so special to me and I can't get inspired to fix it. So I have decided to rework the whole thing. If not, I would probably keep the dress the rest of my life and take it out to cry over it every know and again. I have some ideas for it. Since it has a 6 inch hem there is lots of extra fabric. So stay tuned for update photos. I may make something wonderful or I might make a mess!!!

Have you ever had project heartbreak??



 

posted by Crystal Boudreaux @ 5:23 AM
 

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Comments: Post a Comment
Copyright 2006 Crystal Boudreaux. All Rights Reserved. Website by DesigningHope.com.