Crystal Boudreaux
"She shops around for the best yarns and cottons, and enjoys knitting and sewing."
- Proverbs 31:13 (The Message)

::Previous Entries::

-- Last FO of 2006
-- Celebrate Jesus
-- Today is My Birthday
-- The Sweet-est Auction
-- Things I Love and a New Hobby *ahem, obsession*
-- Project for the Week
-- Lonely Mommy
-- Last Row Robin Finished!
-- Look what i found.....
-- Laura's Row Finished


::Archives::

--January 2006
--February 2006
--March 2006
--April 2006
--May 2006
--June 2006
--July 2006
--August 2006
--September 2006
--October 2006
--December 2006
--January 2007
--February 2007
--April 2007
--August 2007
--September 2007


::Favorite Links::

-- Hope Wilbanks
-- Quiltville
-- Designing Hope


First FO of 2007-Pomatomus

Wednesday, January 03, 2007


Ok, I must say I am busting my buttons over the first FO of 2007. I have never been one to go with the easiest pattern. I get bored and never finish. So seeing as this is only my second pair of socks, I guess I should've been worried about tackling Pomatomus. I wasn't :D. I just took it slow and ripped out every mistake until it was exactly like the pattern. The pattern was very well written (Cookie is my new favorite sock designer).The gague was the same on both socks, the row count, I mean everything was the same. So how the toes came out different, I'll never know!! Can you see the difference? The toe on the left sock is longer than the right.It just boggles my mind. The only thing different is...... I switched to metal needles on the second sock while the first were done on bamboo. Both sets were supposed to be US#1. Who knows? Anyway, I'm still proud of my socks.
The yarn is Socks That Rock in the Nodding Violet colorway. I have to say, I love, love, love this yarn. I really didn't want to spend that much money when I bought it but I am glad I did. It was a treat to work with. Ok, I'll quit bragging now :D
 

posted by Crystal Boudreaux @ 4:16 AM
 

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Comments:
Crystal I didnt know you knitted! So do i! Love the socks. I'm trying to tackly my first pair this year too.

laura
 
Post a Comment
Copyright 2006 Crystal Boudreaux. All Rights Reserved. Website by DesigningHope.com.