Crystal Boudreaux
"She shops around for the best yarns and cottons, and enjoys knitting and sewing."
- Proverbs 31:13 (The Message)

::Previous Entries::

-- Nate's Quilt
-- More 2006 in Review
-- First FO of 2007-Pomatomus
-- Last FO of 2006
-- Celebrate Jesus
-- Today is My Birthday
-- The Sweet-est Auction
-- Things I Love and a New Hobby *ahem, obsession*
-- Project for the Week
-- Lonely Mommy


::Archives::

--January 2006
--February 2006
--March 2006
--April 2006
--May 2006
--June 2006
--July 2006
--August 2006
--September 2006
--October 2006
--December 2006
--January 2007
--February 2007
--April 2007
--August 2007
--September 2007


::Favorite Links::

-- Hope Wilbanks
-- Quiltville
-- Designing Hope


Green Sock KAL

Wednesday, January 17, 2007


I have unofficially joined the informal Green Sock KAL. These socks were started a couple of weeks ago. I have the first one finished (except for grafting) and the second started. The pattern is Hedera (another Cookie A. creation available for free at Knitty). This is a very quick and easy pattern to memorize. The yarn is Douglas Fir by Lorna's Laces. I think LL is smaller in thickness that STR. But I'm still partial to the STR for its un-splittyness and its sproingyness (gotta love these technical terms). LL is still a little too splitty for a beginner IMHO.
When I started sock knitting, I was worried that I would have the dreaded and much talked about SSS (second sock syndrome). I am terrible about starting things and never fininshing. I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised to find that the second sock is more fun than the first. By the time I get to the second sock I have the pattern basically memorized and the bugs worked out. I am having a ball knitting the second socks! I must say that I am anxious to finish this pair so I can start on Monkey.

 

posted by Crystal Boudreaux @ 10:57 AM
 

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Comments:
hey crystal!! remember me from a row robin a million years ago? your top had pineapples in it??

Well I took a look at your blog and am quite pleased to see you knit! hooray! Check out my new blog http://knittingcrochetingquilter.typepad.com/craftblog/ i have tried monkey various ways and i'm frustrated. i knit tightly and have weirdly shaped feet!
 
Post a Comment
Copyright 2006 Crystal Boudreaux. All Rights Reserved. Website by DesigningHope.com.