Crystal Boudreaux
"She shops around for the best yarns and cottons, and enjoys knitting and sewing."
- Proverbs 31:13 (The Message)

::Previous Entries::

-- Easter '04 Disaster
-- Green Sock KAL
-- Nate's Quilt
-- More 2006 in Review
-- First FO of 2007-Pomatomus
-- Last FO of 2006
-- Celebrate Jesus
-- Today is My Birthday
-- The Sweet-est Auction
-- Things I Love and a New Hobby *ahem, obsession*


::Archives::

--January 2006
--February 2006
--March 2006
--April 2006
--May 2006
--June 2006
--July 2006
--August 2006
--September 2006
--October 2006
--December 2006
--January 2007
--February 2007
--April 2007
--August 2007
--September 2007


::Favorite Links::

-- Hope Wilbanks
-- Quiltville
-- Designing Hope


Heirloom.....

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

def.-Something that has been in a family for generations

I hope the heirloom quality outfits that I make become true heirlooms. I hardly keep anything that I make. I put lots of hours and love into everything that I make (ok, maybe not everything :D). I just hope that these special gifts become as special to the recipients as they are to me. I have also learned that the hours of time spent stitching these creations are a great time for prayer and meditation.


This dress is from Australian Smocking and Embroidery #38 (sorry, no link as this is a rare issue). It was originally named Tuesday's Child but I think my version will be called Serenity (The absence of mental stress or anxiety). Serenity is the only word I can use to describe the first month of this year. I have made changes during December that have already started to have a wonderful effect upon my state of mind. I have battled depression for the last 5 years and for the first time I feel that I am free from it rather than just having a respite before the next wave. Every time that I think of these changes, I will think of this dress. Anyway, on to the eye candy....(excuse the first pic, the light was awful)
This is the cover dress and I have loved it since I first layed eyes on it. It is so yummy, I could just eat it!!


It is of course a bishop so the whole neckline is smocked and embroidered with bullion roses and forget-me-nots.


The hem is part shadow-work embroidery and part bullion roses and forget-me-nots. Shadow-work and bullions are my absolute favorite embroidery. I love to see a picture take form from thread.

Tomorrow I will post pics of the Hedera socks that I finished today (shew! barely made the January deadline that was self-imposed).

 

posted by Crystal Boudreaux @ 3:05 PM
 

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Comments: Post a Comment
Copyright 2006 Crystal Boudreaux. All Rights Reserved. Website by DesigningHope.com.